Dullatur Lawn Tennis Club History.
The first meeting to form Dullatur Tennis & Bowling Club was held on 2nd November 1888. The committee started the club with an advance of £100.00 from the Life Association of Scotland to construct two ash courts and renting the portion between the feus of Mr T Marshall of Craigard and Mr W R B Thomson, partly fronting Victoria Road . The bowling green would be constructed as soon as funds were obtainable.
The first Chairman of Dullatur Lawn Tennis Club in 1889 was Mr W John S Wylie of Richmond House, Prospect Road.
The annual subscriptions were as follows:
|For gentlemen||21/. (21 shillings) £1.05.|
|For Ladies||10/6.( 52p)|
|For Junior Members||5/. (25p)|
|Summer Visitors||5/. (25p) per month.|
We have moved on from then from ash courts to blaes. In 1988 we celebrated our Centenary in true Victorian fashion. In 1996 with the help of Cumbernauld Development Corporation and Sportscotland the blaes courts were replaced with all weather courts and in place of a wooden hut, we now have a multi purpose Village Hall with changing facilities.